Thanks to our sponsor Autism Alliance of Michigan, this virtual session is free for everyone.
This virtual panel is comprised specifically of adult women with Autism. Their insight and personal experiences are extremely valuable. They will cover these topics:
- Differences between male and female expression of autism
- Diagnosis – the importance of a clinician familiar with the female expression of autism and adults as relevant
- Reasons many females go undiagnosed and/or misdiagnosed
- Diagnosis – a personal choice but regardless, getting correct information is very important to move forward in positive productive ways and avoid misdiagnosis which can be pretty dangerous…
- Masking Autism: practical insight, feasible suggestions, myths and more
- Personal stories
- Funny and/or offensive experiences
- Top Advice
- Tracey Cohen
- Katie Oswald
- Samar Waqar
This event is also approved for 1 Social Work CEU, through the NASW, and 1 CRC CEU through the CRCC.
|Who Should Attend:
Those who work directly with or have family members who are Autistic adults. Vocational rehabilitation specialists, rehabilitation specialists, nurses, administrators, board members, special education teachers, and parents of autistic adults.
You will be emailed Zoom login information for your registered session(s) 1 week prior to the event. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Having issues? Click here, and scroll down to see our FAQ on registration and accommodations.
If you register and are unable to attend, please contact Katie Kinde email@example.com at least one week before the event. All of our event policies can be accessed by clicking here.
Substitutions for those who attend are permitted with prior notice.
- To Be Decided